Lower Columbia College Internships
POSITION TITLE: Safety Department Intern
1. Familiarize yourself with the Port of Longview’s business model with specific focus on the safety department’s roll at the Port.
2. Complete the National Incident Management Systems (NIMS) training courses ICS-100, ICS-200, and ICS-700 provided by Cowlitz County Dept. of Emergency Management.
3. Port of Longview Emergency Response Plan (ERP) and Business Continuity and Resumption of Trade Plan (BCRTP) program familiarization, editing, and updating of written plans.
4. Assist in creating and implementing an emergency scenario tabletop exercise utilizing both the ERP and BCRTP for staff.
This position reports to the Safety Program Manager. This position does not provide any formal supervisory direction to others.
Work is performed in an office environment the majority of time as well as at various outdoor marine industrial locations occasionally. This position requires regular and predictable attendance.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Must be a self-starter and be able to work independently.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with Port staff.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be flexible and creative in developing solutions that deliver results.
- Proficient knowledge of the use of Microsoft Applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Must be currently enrolled at Lower Columbia College, Longview WA
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (submit a copy of latest transcript)
- Must complete and pass a background check
Submit Port of Longview employment application, including a cover letter with the following attachments:
- Most recent transcript
- 2-3 letters of recommendation
- A cover letter that describes the following:
- Why are you interested in the internship position?
- What specific skills can you contribute to the internship position?
- What are your future career goals and how will this internship position help you reach those goals?